We are looking for a marketing manager to help us reach the next generation of "low code" software developers.
About Blue Canvas
At Blue Canvas we make tooling for the "low code" movement. Our first product is a Git-based DevOps solution that enables Salesforce developers and admins to track and deploy code and configuration changes between Salesforce environments. Since launching in 2017, we have found product market fit with customers like Slack, Momentive, Sysco, and Hershey's. We have averaged 280% YoY growth the past 3 years and we are ready to transition from a founder-driven team into a well-oiled organization that can help us scale our initial success.
As an organization, we believe in work life balance, support remote work, and have team members that are distributed globally.
About the Role
We are looking for a marketing manager to start at 3 days per week (with a chance to grow with us). This is a great opportunity to be involved in a high growth, early stage SaaS company without needing to commit full-time.
As a founding member of the marketing team, you will help us create and execute our marketing strategy from the ground up.
Comfort with ambiguity and a strong vision for how a company can accelerate lead generation are a must. You will ultimately define the role, but some core responsibilities will include:
- Manage SEO and content strategy (you’ll have budget to hire the writers, but we’ll want you to drive the process)
- Plan which events we will attend each year and what our presence will look like (Salesforce ecosystem hosts several large events and the community hosts many smaller ones each year)
- Create and manage our ads strategy (LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, Facebook)
- Schedule and execute joint marketing campaigns with partners (webinars, joint offerings, etc.)
- Revamp existing web and social media presence and manage social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Curate, create, and commission professional quality content including videos, digital images, and infographics to help share our ideas on social channels
- Analyze data to determine which strategies are working and deserve more investment
- Increase brand awareness and lead flow
You’ll work directly with the founders for input, but you will be responsible for creating and executing the plan.
- You are excited to work directly with the co-founders and will “wear many hats”
- You know what marketing at an early stage startup looks like
- Accordingly, you are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You have some experience in marketing (or are confident you can learn it very quickly)
- You want to accelerate your career by working directly with co-founders and being involved in many pieces of marketing
- You’re empathetic and can understand users and team well
Nice to Have
- You have worked with developer tooling products in the past or have an interest in it
- You know the Salesforce ecosystem well
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours and remote friendly. We are a distributed team first and foremost, with clusters around San Francisco (sales) and Berlin (engineering). Ideal timezone is Central or Eastern US Time.
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Work gear: laptop, etc.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Opportunity to grow your career very quickly
- Positive, supportive, work environment with growth mindset as a core value
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Manager at Blue Canvas” (plus your favorite emoji) and tell us a bit about why the role interests you. As a distributed team we value written communication so please feel free to expand on why you think this is the right job for you.